Home Lifecycle Management app

Service and Request offerings and MP errors.

Today was my first time using LMA and I had several MP's fail to import.  However, I would have expected, as least, some of the two dozen offerings to be present after bouncing the cache builder.  Also, I am unsure of how to troubleshoot the invalid enumerations mapping since our Cireson consultant did some as did we.  Can you point this rookie in the right direction?
Jeff

Failed to process extensions for management pack: ManagementPack.5b4970c062ac499796817f6438f615e0
2019-04-11 10:51:24.5723 - 
Exception was caught: The requested management pack is not valid. See inner exception for details.
Parameter name: managementPack
   at a.a(EnterpriseManagementGroup A_0, EnterpriseManagementGroup A_1, IList`1 A_2)
   at a.b(EnterpriseManagementGroup A_0, EnterpriseManagementGroup A_1)
   at a.x()
   at a.g()
2019-04-11 10:51:24.5723 - Inner Exception: Failed to process extensions for management pack: ManagementPack.ca6f11f8d0c146e38a43708a2217ad7e
2019-04-11 10:51:24.5723 - Inner Exception 2: Invalid enumeration mapping
2019-04-11 10:51:24.5723 - Closing server connections...
2019-04-11 10:51:24.5880 - Log Complete.

Answers

• Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Some further information.   All of our Service Offering Categories are Custom written by Cireson.   This link seems to indicate that we will need to seal all of those unsealed custom MP's.
    Does this seem plausible?
    Jeff
    https://shnlghtn.com/2013/06/06/invalid-enumeration-mapping-when-importing-service-offerings-and-requests/
  • Robin_FaklerRobin_Fakler Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Jeff,

did this trick worked for you with sealing the unsealed MPs?

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeff_Landers

So this error you would actually get by trying to manually import the MP because the issue is that the Service Offering or Request Offering within that MP is using an Enumeration Value that was created within the same MP. Which means SCSM tries to import the offering before it commits the enumeration and therefore fails.

So you have 2 options here:

1. The correct more time consuming way is to fix it so that the enum value is saved in a different MP (this is best practice)

2. The more workaround way is to do the follow:

a) Delete entire Extensions section in the MP

b) Import the MP, which successfully creates the enumerations

c) Restart the MP's xml, including the extensions section

d) Import the original version of that MP

This is normally the case that will fix this issue so give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Shane.

Unfortunately, I have determined that my system has been broken for months after running LMA above. For some reason, the test system service account is trying to access the production database which is can't do. I have checked all connection strings and they are fully qualified and correct. The platform log shows the service account trying to get to the wrong database and a "recompilerequired" which is troubling. Thoughts?

Exception 2019-09-11T10:11:23.6178934-07:00: System.Exception:   Exception executing BootstrapHandler PlatformCache.Data.LifecycleManagement.RecompileDynamicEdmIfNecessary ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The server principal "COHDOM01\SVC-CiresonAPTest" is not able to access the database "ServiceManager" under the current security context.

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at PlatformCache.Data.Services.Implementations.RuntimeCacheBuildService.<RecompileRequired>d__10.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\PlatformCache\PlatformCache.Data\Services\Implementations\RuntimeCacheBuildService.cs:line 58

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeff_Landers

What permissions does that service account have on the Service Manager Database?

Thanks,

Shane

the test account has no permissions to the production database but it shouldn't be looking at that database anyway.   It is db owner on the test database