Home Analyst Portal
Options

Limiting a dashboard page to an AD Group

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi, I had my dashboards set up to be available to specific groups, but I recently got notified that certain pages had dissapeared from the toolbars. So I checked for a page in the navigation settings, and found that certain groups are missing. When I tried to add them back in, I got the following :

I checked the console, and the groups do exist in the users tab of the configuration items section.

What else can I check to troubleshoot this ?

Stephane

Answers

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stephane_Bouillon

2 things that are key to check first:

Are they in the Service Management Database? You can run the below query against ServiceManagement Database to check:

Select * From Dbo.CI$User

Where DisplayName like 'SG_SCSM_IT%'

Is the Cache Builder failing to process them? (Check the Logs for those groups, you will need to up to he logging level))

Thanks,

Shane.

• Options

I didn't find the groups in Dbo.CI$User, but they are available in the Dbo.CI$DomainGroup table.

Stephane

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

What about the Cache Builder Log? Can you up the logging level and send me the log either on here or privately?

Thanks,

Shane.

• Options

I just checked the CacheBuilder log, and it contains an error for the missing group:

2019-06-06 20:52:05,413, ERROR [WORK]: SQL Error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniSyncOverAsync()

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadNetworkPacket()

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryPrepareBuffer()

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadByte(Byte& value)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.Wrappers.SqlCommandWrapper.ExecuteReader()

at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Util.ServiceManagerUtil.<Read>d__5`1.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Util.ParentChildUtil.UpdateParentChildRelationships()

at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Commands.WorkItemCommand.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<<Synchronize>b__0>d.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.Database.<Retry>d__11.MoveNext()

ClientConnectionId:2567c2d2-0fa6-41aa-8dff-00e262d692a1

Error Number:64,State:0,Class:20

2019-06-06 20:52:05,447, ERROR [WORK]: Unable to sync WorkItemCommand, the operation failed, but will be tried again in 51355ms. Please review the log for errors, then correct them and restart the cachebuilder service if needed.

2019-06-18 17:32:32,642, ERROR [ 17]: Group not found: cn=sg_scsm_it_systems_field,ou=groups_scsm_sccm,ou=groups,ou=administration,ou=sites,dc=multi,dc=be