Home General Discussion
Options

Copy to New functionality

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have had someone use this but they didn't realise it didn't copy activities. Is there a way to hide this option?

Also, as a possible feature request it would be good if there wasa pop up box which explained what actions it would do before asking for confirmation. This would enable users to not make this mistake on some templates.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited July 2019

@Shane_White Thanks - I'll take a look and see if I can get this working. Would this be in the custom JS file? Just restarting the portal as it doesn't seem to have worked yet.

With the second point, yes, what you said would be an improvement. Alternatively, a box that details what actions it will do and asking the end user to confirm or reject the action would be good. For those that know what they are doing a check box to repeat that given action would be perfect.

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries @Sean_Terry !

Would this be better to be stored in a KB? Or do you think it will something that will need to be constantly clicked on or hovered over in the Portal?

I think a confirm action could be a good idea also but you want to be cautious of adding to many clicks to get a task done if that makes sense.

Thanks,

Shane.

• Options

@Shane_White - just restarted the portal but still seeing the Copy to New task for SRs. I added the code to the custom js file. Have I missed something?

// Hide Copy to New Task Option

app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {

formObj.boundReady(function(){

var vm = pageForm.viewModel;

var task = $(".taskmenu li:contains('Copy To New')")

if (task.length > 0) {

task.hide()

}

});

return;

});

Going back to your question it would be ok as a KB if we could have KBs for analysts only. The last time I checked end users could still view KBs in the search and view an empty page if you have no content for them. If there was a 'Whats this?' option within tickets that takes you off to a KB that works for Analysts only then it could be quite a popular area.

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sean_Terry it could just be a timing issue, maybe try this:

$(document).ready(function () {

app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {

formObj.boundReady(function(){

var vm = pageForm.viewModel;

var task = $(".taskmenu li:contains('Copy To New')")

//If the user is not an analyst, hide the task

if (task.length > 0) { 

task.hide() 

} 

});

return;

});

});

I think you have a few good ideas around that for sure, maybe post a poll and see what majority thinks?

Thanks,

Shane

• Options

Thanks. That works.