Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Update the MP Enumeration List prompt type in ARO to allow mapping to a standard text field

Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Currently, the MP Enumeration List prompt type is fairly useless when building Request Offers, since you can only map an MP Enumeration list prompt to a property that is also bound to the same enum (unless you map it as a token in another prompt).

Which basically means that I have to extend the WI class with a new property that is bound to the enum list every time I want to use a new enum (which would forcibly add the property to all objects of the class-YIKES!), or create & maintain N number of Simple Lists prompt types, just so I don't have deal with extending the SCSM data model in order to build my ARO.

It would be great if the ARO editor would allow the admin the ability to select & use an MP Enumeration prompt and allow the selected value to be mapped to a simple text field.

I would suggest limiting the run-time behavior to only allow single select, since that is all the base control allows.

8 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

My apologies for any potential confusion, but the 'fairly useless' comment was not directed towards Cireson, since the MP Enum list prompt type (and it's limitation) is a native SCSM control.

The intent is to suggest a way to continue improving ARO by enhancing upon this limitation inherent in the native control.

Once again, I am sorry if my intent has been misunderstood by anyone.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chris_Chekaluk1 - If you're able to use the RO toolbox, there's a QueryList control that should allow you to reuse the existing Enums(or any other values that you can pull from a SQL query).

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

We use the ROToolbox @QueryList for this exact thing, by making a Dashboard Query to pull the list of Enums to put on the list, there is no need to extend the workitem classes to add the Enum list to it. We then just use the data put into the UserInput to do get what item was selected and do whatever we need to with it via a PowerShell Activity. If you need to have the data mapped to a specific field, IE Description you can also do that as well

thanks for the input guys(@Justin_Workman and @Jeff_Lang). I will take a look at the ROToolbox. However, I added this as a feature request to include support for this functionality natively in the product.

• Peter_NordqvistPeter_Nordqvist Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Chris_Chekaluk1 and @Jeff_Lang could you please elaborate how to achive this with ROToolbox?

I have a custom enumlist, that i would like to map.

Thanks

@Peter_Nordqvist: Sorry, but this dropped off my radar and we never tried using @QueryList in ROToolbox.

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Peter_Nordqvist John has a post on page 4 of the thread for the RO_Toolbox about how to set it up. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2595/transforming-the-grid-picker/p4

If you have any issues I could try and help you get it up and running.