Home Analyst Portal
Options

CR Support Group extension issues

Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi,

We have extended our Change class to include a Support Group enum list.  It actually uses the Incident Tier Queue list because as the lists are identical we thought it would save having to maintain two lists.  In hindsight this was probably a bad idea.  Anyway, this isn't this issue.

I have customised our portal CR form to expose this list and it appears to work okay.  I create a new CR from the portal and can select a Support Group from the list.  However, it doesn't actually save the value.

If I create a new CR using the console and select a Support Group it is visible in the Portal but only in the Team and My Work views.  If I actually open up the CR the Support Group field is prompting me to 'Choose one....'.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

TIA

Martyn

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the property name in the form is incorrect, but the GUID is correct.

Do the following PS command:

Get-SCSMObject -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name "System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest$") | select -first 1 | fl *

And look to see exactly what the Support Group property is named. The "PropertyName" attribute in the ChangeRequest.js file will need to match that.
  • Options
    Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Perfect, thank you Nicholas.  The property name on the form was typed incorrectly

Note to self:   Check and double check  :)