Home General Discussion

RA - Approve / Reject Comments in Email Notification / Require Comments to be Entered?

SCSM_CreatorSCSM_Creator Member IT Monkey ✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion

When Accepting / Rejecting a Review Activity, can those comments be included in an email notification?

Also, is there a way to require comments to be added if the RA is being rejected?

Below is a screenshot of the screen/content I'm referring to.

Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@SCSM_Creator we currently force comments when rejecting review activities, here is a cut down version of the file we use to do this I haven't had time to test this one 100% only to cut out code that is used for in house specific stuff.

just load it in your custom.js preferably with the script loader function, you may need to change the path in the require statement to reflect where you put the actual files.

as to how this works, it waits for the normal approve/reject comment window to be created, then it hides that window and shows it's own version, if it is an approval it will let you just click ok, if it is a rejection it does not enable the ok button unless something has been typed in the comment field, it is currently set to require a minimum of 10 characters, but this can be changed in the if statement at the end of the file.

once the ok button is clicked, it puts any comments in the standard window that has been hidden and clicks the yes/no button on that as required so the comments etc get processed as normal by the out of the box code

• SCSM_CreatorSCSM_Creator Member IT Monkey ✭

@Jeff_Lang this is great, thank you. Do you happen to know of a way to include these comments into our email notifications so we can alert the end user as to why the process was approved / rejected?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@SCSM_Creator - I believe those comments would get added into the notes field of the RA.