Home Analyst Portal

Add/Remove Properties from Manual Activities in the Change, Release, Service Request Forms

Benjamin_StobbartBenjamin_Stobbart Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

I am trying to find any details on removing properties and adding custom extension properties from the Manual Activities on the activities Tab, Including Renaming a Property's Form Label.

I have done a number of custom forms with Problem, Incident, Etc. But I cannot see any information on how I can modify the MA's Default Properties.

Done a search of the KB's and this forum and been unable to locate what I am looking for.

This would also benefit from the different user type functionality offered for other forms, so End Users see different fields to our analysts?

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're on v9+ of the portal, you can use the DynamicData form to edit MAs. You can fully customize the DynamicData MA form just like any other form by creating a System.WorkItem.Activity.ManualActivity.js(there's not one by default) and placing it in the CustomSpace folder. Now "how do you get to that form in the portal?" you might say. Ultimately, you go to /DynamicData/Edit/<BaseId of the MA>. Me and @Nick_Flint teamed up on a solution to add a link to the Activity forms from the parent form here. In fact, his latest contribution contains a default MA form. I hope this helps!