Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Cireson PowerShell Activity Workflow Configuration

John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Forgive me if duplicate!

For your SMA Connection, it's possible to configure a workflow to be invoked following the opening of an SR or IR. This functionality does not exist for the PowerShell activities.

At present, we're migrating from SMA toward Cireson PowerShell Activity and Azure Automation and the ability to invoke a PS on incident or service request creation would be nice!

We use an SMA Runbook Workflow tied to IR and SR creation to post MS Teams notifications at present. Short of embedding a PS into each template, at present we cannot replicate this functionality, unless I'm wrong?!

3 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Would it make sense to have an Azure Automation connector?

Or am I assuming too much by thinking that you are using the PSA to kick off AA jobs?

The SMA Connector has been open sourced, I believe, so it is conceivable that someone could modify it to connect to AA instead. AA and SMA are almost functionally identical in the app layer--they just have slightly different endpoints and drastically different "UI" (if you consider the WAP portal a UI).

If you use graphical runbooks or python runbooks then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if they will work with this. I do not have a way to test it, myself.

• Options
    John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Or that, sure! :D

Yeah we're using PSA to trigger them for now.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

An Azure Automation connector would be fantastic.