Home General Discussion

Service Advanced Offering (maybe with Request Offering toolbox?)

Kenneth_AndersenKenneth_Andersen Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion

I have 2 users, from different companies, that I will like to give the same ServiceOffering.

The have to get a different "user picker" list, depending on the companies the "token user" is from. (Query result)

Ex. user 1 is from "Company 1", so then he open the ServiceOffering, then he is only seeing Users from that company.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kenneth_Andersen - This will take some custom javascript. My approach(possibly not the best) would be to have a string prompt to hold the user's company, then autopopulate and hide that string prompt with javascript. Then have your query picker use a token for the criteria of Company contains results from above prompt. If you're interested in this approach, I might be able to put some code together for you.

• Kenneth_AndersenKenneth_Andersen Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thats sound like a nice solution, and I will like to have help with the Java script.

I did a little redesign of the solution - because the company field was not unique enough.

The "State" field in the user table will contain the same value as the "dropdown" from the Service Offering.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

You can also use scoped access with groups containing the users for each company - then you can use the same RO for both without making any changes.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kenneth_Andersen - The suggestion by @Mikkel_Madsen may be much cleaner and easier to implement. 2 portal roles and 2 CI groups. One CI group that is based on Company(or State) = Company 1, another where Company = Company 2. Then one Role scoped to the first group, and the other Role scoped to the other group. Great solution.