Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Manual Activity, Change Request, and Problem Support Group Lists

Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
The attached extension provides Management Packs for the Manual Activity, Change Request, and Problem classes to add a new enum list representing "Support Group." Previous versions of the Portal had support for Manual Activity and Change Request Support Groups, and this extension had already been provided to the Community for those classes. An upcoming release of the Portal will also support Problem Support Groups. This post serves to centralize all 3 extensions in one place.

In order to use "Support Groups" with any of these classes, a list to represent the Support Group must be in place, and these standardized management packs take care of that extension for you. These same extensions have been and will continue to be referenced in any relevant example customizations provided by the Cireson Team. It is perfectly fine to use your own in-house extensions for these Support Group lists, just keep in mind you will have to tweak any existing Cireson-provided customization to use your organization's values instead.

There is also an unsealed version of each Management Pack and a sealing key included in this .zip file in case you want to extend for your organization's purposes. 

A Read Me file is included-- please read in full before importing or extending this!

Comments

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Nice. Don't you plan implementing also Time Tracker into activities out of the box so users don't need to make their own customizations? Thanks.
  • Andrew_SunnyAndrew_Sunny Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi, will these MPs work with the console and MAWI? (we're not using the portal)

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrew_Sunny - these management packs are class extensions for each of the work item classes listed above. These will still extend the class on the console side as well, and they will appear in the "extensions" tab of the form. This extension has no impact on MAWI.

• John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Nicholas_Velich , just curious, will this continue to work with 2016/2019 or will the change in Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console version be an issue?

Thanks!

Hi John,

I'm not aware of any issues with these extensions in 2016/2019, and have been using them there without any trouble.

Thanks,

Nick

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Does it allow me to define Support group in MA, CR in template?

This is just a class extension, so you can set the values in a template via the "Extensions" tab of the form in the console.

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Nicholas, I'm testing this out just now in our lab environement. We're having a problem where if a manual activity is assigned to a support group , it doesn't show up in the Team Work view (i have checked "show activites"). The only MA's that show in Team Work are that of where I'm the activity implementer.

Change requests and problems show up in the Team work view just fine, any idea what might be wrong?

Edit: nevermind they showed up, just had to wait a while! :) All working fine then , cheers. Great extension :)

Glad to hear you got it working, Gabriel!

In case anyone runs into something similar, this can take longer initially if you are using a new AD group for the first time. Once an AD group is mapped to a Support Group, the CacheBuilder recognizes (possibly for the first time) that it needs to calculate members of that group. The routine to update group membership occurs every 24 hours by default, so that can also explain delays on initial implementation if its a new group. A CacheBuilder service restart will force that process to run immediately if you don't want to wait. 😀 Once everything is configured and these routines have completed, newly assigned work items should appear in those grids within 1-minute-at-most, by default.

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Good afternoon

Thanx for this code. I have tested in our development environment. Support group field works and allows us to add the Support group from our lists. Not sure if anyone has raised this before but here goes.

In the Manual activity I now have the field for Support group which is perfect. What I would like to do now is have the Activity Implementer only be an analyst from the support group list. At the moment Activity Implementer allows you to select anyone from the AD.

For IR / SR we have locked it down that only names in the support group tiers can be selected would like the same for Activity Implementer. Has anyone looked at this and have code to perform such a task?

Kind regards

Eugene

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Eugene_Rack , there is something along the lines of what you're looking for but it works only for IR's and SR's (but you said you have this already implemented : Replace Assigned To & Support Group fields with Cireson Assign To Analyst By Group fields in portal — Cireson Community ) What I can tell you though is that I have appealed multiple times to expand this behavior you're looking for for exactly these types of WI's that are discussed in this thread (MA, CR , PR).

And while the code for this behaviour isn't anywhere out there yet, hopefully Cireson will hear our voices and will release this as an add-in in the very near future as this has been one of my top requests (actually probably the top request in regards to addins) which I've been bombarding Cireson with since the release of the addins as well 😁

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

Thank you for this Extension I have a feeling it will do Exactly what I want. One problem.... Every time I set the Support Group in the Extension and click "Ok" (Apply) it wipes out the value. Any ideas?

Hey Eric,

If you're referring to the Portal form, that typically means the property name on the *.JS form is set incorrectly (if you're seeing values in the dropdown, the GUID is set correctly).

If you're referring to the administration section in the console, that seems like a bug. I'm speculating, but there could possibly be older values that need to be wiped out using PowerShell (perhaps caused by switching property names, removing MPs, etc.). If this is the case, open a Support ticket and they can walk you through that.

Thanks,

Nick

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

@Nicholas_Velich Thank you very much. I think i am good for now!