Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Improved Auto Close with Support for more status values and setting implementation results

Bradley_SavielBradley_Saviel Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

The Free version is great, but we have additional needs that make it unsuitable for us. Would be willing to pay for a version that includes the following. If anybody else is interested please also vote for this.

Where:

Incident Records

• Resolved for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

•  It obtains any IR which has:

• System.WorkItem.Incident.Status = IncidentStatusEnum.Resolved; and

• System.WorkItem.Incident.ResolvedDate less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [IRResolvedForDaysSetting]);

• It sets the following on each obtained IR:

• System.WorkItem.Incident.Status = IncidentStatusEnum.Closed;

Problem Records

• Resolved for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

•  It obtains any PR which has:

• System.WorkItem.Problem.Status = ProblemStatusEnum.Resolved; and

• System.WorkItem.Problem.ResolvedDate less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [PRResolvedForDaysSetting]);

• It sets the following on each obtained PR:

• System.WorkItem.Problem.Status = ProblemStatusEnum.Closed;

Change Requests

• Completed for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

•  It obtains any CR which has:

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.Status = ChangeRequestStatusEnum.Completed; and

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.CompletedDate less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [CRCompletedForDaysSetting]);

• It sets the following on each obtained CR:

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.Status = ChangeRequestStatusEnum.Closed; and

• If (System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.ImplementationResults = null) and ([SetCRCompletedImplementationResultsSetting] != null) { System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.ImplementationResults = [SetCRCompletedImplementationResultsSetting] }

• Cancelled for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.Status = ChangeRequestStatusEnum.Cancelled; and

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.#LastModified less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [CRCancelledForDaysSetting]);

• If (System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.ImplementationResults = null) and ([SetCRCancelledImplementationResultsSetting] != null) { System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.ImplementationResults = [SetCRCancelledImplementationResultsSetting] }

• Failed for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.Status = ChangeRequestStatusEnum.Failed; and

• System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.#LastModified less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [CRFailedForDaysSetting]);

• If (System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.ImplementationResults = null) and ([SetCRFailedImplementationResultsSetting] != null) { System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest.ImplementationResults = [SetCRFailedImplementationResultsSetting] }

Service Requests

• Completed for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

•  It obtains any SR which has:

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.Status = ServiceRequestStatusEnum.Completed; and

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.CompletedDate less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [SRCompletedForDaysSetting]);

• It sets the following on each obtained SR:

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.Status = ServiceRequestStatusEnum.Closed; and

• If (System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.ImplementationResults = null) and ([SetSRCompletedImplementationResultsSetting] != null) { System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.ImplementationResults = [SetSRCompletedImplementationResultsSetting] }

• Cancelled for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.Status = ServiceRequestStatusEnum.Cancelled; and

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.#LastModified less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [SRCancelledForDaysSetting]);

• If (System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.ImplementationResults = null) and ([SetSRCancelledImplementationResultsSetting] != null) { System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.ImplementationResults = [SetSRCancelledImplementationResultsSetting] }

• Failed for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.Status = ServiceRequestStatusEnum.Failed; and

• System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.#LastModified less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [SRFailedForDaysSetting]);

• If (System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.ImplementationResults = null) and ([SetSRFailedImplementationResultsSetting] != null) { System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.ImplementationResults = [SetSRFailedImplementationResultsSetting] }

Release Records

• Modified for days - if enabled the workflow runs at the specified time.

•  It obtains any RR which has:

• System.WorkItem.Release.#LastModified less than( [GetCurrentDate] - [RRModifiedForDaysSetting]);

• It sets the following on each obtained RR:

• System.WorkItem.Release.Status = ReleaseStatusEnum.Closed;

47 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This was released with AutoClose 8.0.4

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be outstanding.
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Makes a lot of sense this and means we're not configuring additional workflows to deal with cancelled and failed requests
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bump*

I am surprised that this is not getting more votes.  There is a real case to be made for having distinct "complete" (or resolved, canceled, etc.) step and "closed" step, but that does not mean that a person should be required to make the last change to the status.

However, I can't turn on auto close for Change Requests in its current iteration, because using the Last Modified date to determine when to close it is a non-starter.  What if it was just scheduled out into the future, for example?

I really want to use auto close.  With this FR implemented, I could.
  • Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

If for nothing else other than a bump, just added a vote for this. Would be really nice to have this functionality added. Does anyone know if the activities in a cancelled CR would be removed along with the parent item?

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @seth_coussens Any feedback if this has gotten enough up votes to be considered for the road map?
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I'd be interested in this, too, just gave my vote. My colleague just wanted to know why cancelled SRs are not affected by the Auto Close and I wasn't able to give him a proper answer. And of course, failed tickets are also in question. 
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This would be a great addition
  • Gary_pGary_p Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would be interested in this also. 
  • Luke_SLuke_S Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Upvoted - I agree, this would significntly assist our currently work practices.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Could this include an option to add a holiday-calendar, for which days should not be counted towards resolved x days ago? This is one of the primary reasons why we aren't using this app.
  • Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is this feature request still open? I have just voted in case it is although I notice nobody has been here for a while...

• Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

Please implement this.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeff_Landers

This feature is implemented in the latest version. :)

Hopefully it does what you need it to. Let us know here if there are features that are missing or things that are not working.

Brett

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭