Home Analyst Portal
Options

Kb articles dont open - redirects to work item instead on newly created page within portal

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Team,

With help we have managed to get the below new Knowledge Base View set up with displays our KB articles.

The way we did this was

• create a new page within the portal, used a SQL table and use the below query.

SELECT cat.DisplayString as 'KA Category',ka.title,ka.ArticleID, ka.CreatedDate, ka.LastModifiedDate, ka.Keywords,

stat.DisplayString AS 'KA Status', 

ut.DisplayName AS 'LastModifiedUser'

FROM [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] AS ka

Left JOIN DisplayString cat ON cat.ElementID = ka.Category AND cat.LocaleID = 'enu'

Left JOIN DisplayString stat ON stat.ElementID = ka.status ANd stat.localeid = 'enu'

Left JOIN CI$User ut on ut.Id = ka.LastModifiedBy

The display is;

when i hover over any of the KB articles i see the below;

when i try to open any of the articles it fails as it tries to find a work item.

the same query and set up works for others in a different environment . i updated the portal to version 9.3 but it didn't fix this issue.

any ideas on what i can do to get the KB articles to open correctly? any help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Answers

• Options
    Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Mina,

try using this code from @joivan_hedrick from the following thread. We haven't implemented it yet, but it's on our to,do list as well. It should do exaclty what you need to do though :)

Hope this helps,

G.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5017/open-asset-on-sql-dashboard-view-grid-click#latest 

• Options
    Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you so much @Gabriel_Lences that seems to work but when i click on the Kb articles i get the below run time error. It seems to launch in Edit mode.

I found the area within the code to change from Edit to view, but when i click on it now it just sits on a blank page.

any ideas? I have tagged @joivan_hedrick as well :)

Thank you.

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't looked thoroughly at Joivan's code, but a couple of things stand out to me. Number 1, the URL is essentially saying articleId is undefined. You have the KnowledgeBase/Edit portion, but the article Id is undefined. Looking at your query and (once again) not at the code, I just wonder if Joivan's code is expecting Article Id to be the first column in the list.

• Options
    Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

See @joivan_hedrick 's description in custom_OpenAssetOnSQLGridClick.js:

// Description: If a dashboard grid view has a column that contains the name "BaseManagedEntityId" or "ArticleId", and that column has the Entity ID (or Article ID), 
    //				then this script makes the row clickable, going to the asset object (hardware, location, organization, Dynamic Data/Business service, custom class, KB Article, etc) in a new tab. 

You have to add column with name 'ArticleId' to your query results (or rename existing 'Article ID'). Script is looking for this exact name.

I was a bit confused, too. I'd appreciate better 'howto' for using this add-in.