Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

KB Templates

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Cireson Uploads

What this does is provide a mechanism to apply consistent styling and templates on a per article-type basis in the HTML KB of the Cireson Portal for Service Manager. I recommend using the loadScript function with a line like this:

loadScript('/CustomSpace/kbTemplates/kbTemplate.js',["KnowledgeBase/Edit","KnowledgeBase/New"]);

The script will add a CSS button to the Analyst Content editor and the End User Content editors that will look for Style.css in the /CustomSpace/kbTemplates/ folder(as you can see from the loadScript line above, the script itself should also sit in that folder).

The script will also add a template button to both editors. Depending on the Article's Type, when clicked the button will look for that type's .html file in the kbTemplates folder(eg FAQ.html) and apply it to that editor.

I hope someone finds this useful!

Comments

• Philip_HåkansPhilip_Håkans Customer IT Monkey ✭

This is great, thanks Justin!

I was working on my own version of this but it was rudimentary at best.This was sorely needed function 😁

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have testet the function with applying template and it seems to work great. 👍️

I'm not sure about the css style function - what does it exactly do and when to use it?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mikkel_Madsen - The CSS button is for applying a consistent styling to your articles if you choose. It also helps to apply the styling to existing articles. If you have a Style.css file in the kbTemplates folder, the button will apply that CSS to the article.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Could you provide an example? 🙂

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Before CSS Button:

After CSS Button:

Contents of Style.css: