Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Redesign Related Items popup form

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

The current form mimics SCSM's design, with its limited row tables, filters that are mostly unused and the columns are not selectable.

I'd like to see this form get the Cireson touch.

8 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    "The Cireson Touch"
    -Love That!
  • Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    If you are interested in the meantime you can look at this unsupported customization.

It has just a little of 'The Cireson Touch' and was created by one of our consultants.
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about adding more columns to select from in this list for each of the relationship types?

• Options

Hi Brett,

I was referring to the form that appears when you click the magnifying glass on the Configuration Item control (and similar).

Unfortunately I can't provide a screenshot but the form has controls for:

• Enter all or part of a name to search by
    • Select a class of objects to filter by
    • Select Objects (which has the upper pane for search results and the lower for added objects, bisected by the Add and Remove buttons).
    I've not implemented the solution Seth provided because it didn't make it into our sprint plan. I'll have a look at it in August.
  • Options
    This is the screen you are talking about:

You can filter further on this by clicking the filter icon in the header of the column that you wish to do a deeper search on (Similar to above screenshot)

You can then Multi-select and click add to create the relationship between CI and WI.

The screen has limited rows that it can show to ensure that the form doe not become too long or large so users can see the original WI behind the form to indicate they are calling out a subform in this location.

The columns can not be selected, but I'm not sure what you would ever use this for....  Can you explain what this would be used for?

• Options

Yes, that's the one.

I'd like for the filters to be filtered. Currently one can select from every possible type even if there are no CIs of that type in the CMDB.

On the Select Objects table I'd like to swap out the path column for Status and add CI owner, and increase the items per page. The scroll bar is present but redundant with only 5 items per page.

Where this form is used for related Work Items, I'd like to restrict the filters to only parent WI types. Analysts can see our class extensions and "Trouble Ticket" which is quite confusing. As for columns, Status would be handy in place of Path, and other fields such as Category (or even better related Business Services). This is pretty important for analysts because they're finding it difficult to find the right WIs in this view without writing down the WI IDs beforehand.

I'm by no means a UX expert and I have no regard for mobile layout, but I think a horizontal configuration for this form would maximise the useful space. I.e. query results on the left pane and selected items on the right pane, with Add/Remove in between and the filters in the same place as they are now.

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that's the one.

I'd like for the filters to be filtered. Currently one can select from every possible type even if there are no CIs of that type in the CMDB.

On the Select Objects table I'd like to swap out the path column for Status and add CI owner, and increase the items per page. The scroll bar is present but redundant with only 5 items per page.

Where this form is used for related Work Items, I'd like to restrict the filters to only parent WI types. Analysts can see our class extensions and "Trouble Ticket" which is quite confusing. As for columns, Status would be handy in place of Path, and other fields such as Category (or even better related Business Services). This is pretty important for analysts because they're finding it difficult to find the right WIs in this view without writing down the WI IDs beforehand.

I'm by no means a UX expert and I have no regard for mobile layout, but I think a horizontal configuration for this form would maximise the useful space. I.e. query results on the left pane and selected items on the right pane, with Add/Remove in between and the filters in the same place as they are now.

+1 for this description.  I would much rather use this screen than the one pictured above.  I love the extensibility--and let's face it: complexity--of the CMDB, but I would like to shield my users from that as much as possible.  They need to see it in its simplest and most intuitive possible form.  Let me, as an admin, filter that for them.
  • Options
    Tom_Hendricks said:   ..... but I would like to shield my users from that as much as possible.  
    I think this is the key outcome here.
    If the Class type can be reduced to just Assets, or Just Computer CI's etc. (At the discretion of the administrator) then it would make searching for CI's much easier.

As for the fields displayed in the grid, this get s a lot harder as the fields requested may not exist across all classes that can be selected from. Not all CI's have an owner or custodian.
    Not sure how this would actually be able to be surfaced.

Row count for the grid I understand, but would need to be dynamic to allow the form to be displayed on different screen sizes. This could prove tricky if the grid size was set to 100 rows and I'm trying to view it on a mobile device.

Keen to see other people vote this up if it is their pain point also.
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

As for the fields displayed in the grid, this get s a lot harder as the fields requested may not exist across all classes that can be selected from. Not all CI's have an owner or custodian.
    Not sure how this would actually be able to be surfaced.
    I think any of us would agree that this is a tricky proposition.  But it is a worthwhile one, and I think you have the team in place to pull it off!

I am sure there are more elegant ways to approach this, but one idea is to have a list of CI classes on an Admin page and letting an admin check a box next to the classes (and extension classes) to show or not, and which properties to the (to the right of the class name?) to show or hide in the grids.  There could be a default set of properties (DisplayName?) that is checked by default.  Perhaps there is something similar being worked on for Views in 6.0 that could be borrowed from?

Living with that type of solution sounds like it would require a lot of initial work to set up the grids in environments with lots of CI classes, but I would gladly invest the time to make the portal that much more useful to my IT users.