Home Analyst Portal

Service Requests with Review Activities awaiting approvals

Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am interested to know how your Analysts manage their workloads, to identify which SRs are pending approval and which are ready to be worked on. I realise this is 2 fold: process and configuration.

To set the scene, only about half of our SR RO templates include a review activity so some can be implemented straight away, those ROs requiring approval ask the User to select their Manager for approval and a Powershell Activity sets that name into the RA. Our Analysts then need to wait. They do not work from the next MA to implement the request (I tried to encourage this and realise I made need to push this method) instead only assigning the SR ticket to themselves. So now when they look at their list of SRs in their Team Work or My Work they have no idea when a SR has been approved and can be implemented.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

You've pretty much described the exact workflow process.

With the exception of an SR that has no Activities which would be worked directly and have a Support Group/Assigned. When it comes to workflow based SRs, we will not assign that SR to anyone. The Support Group we assign to a "parent" group of sorts that people have Queue access to but are not a part of. For example -

• IT
      • Support
        • Level 1
        • Level 2
        • Level 3

In this case, through the Console/Portal group mapping we have people that relate to Levels 1-3 but no one in Support or IT. This way, we can assign SRs to those empty groups so they stay out of people's My Active Work, My Work, Team Work, etc. The SR has for example an Approval RA and a Implement style MA. Within the SR/MA template, we've already assigned the MA to a Support Group so when it becomes In Progress it appears in a Level 1-3 view. But until it becomes In Progress, it is completely outside of people's day to day views.