Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

End user comment even when affected user is analyst

As per SCSM functionality, an analyst always gets their action log entry added as an AnalystComment, even when they're the affected user.

It seems like it would be better, that an affected user is always treated as an end user, regardless of being an analyst or not, and their comment added as EndUserComments instead, so dependent workflows and the like are still triggered as desired.

The actionLog function in app.controls even includes a variable for checking isAffectedUser, but it isn't used. It could easily be added to the ternary operators for setting Title and ActionType, ie Title: (_vm.isAnalyst && !isAffectedUser) ? ...

This would also correspond to the functionality of the Exchange Connector.

PS: By "easily added" I mean if there's enough of a demand for the change of course 🙂

8 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

It would be very useful if Cireson could fix it when Microsoft doesn't bother with this issue. Our analysts are confused of this, too. This can cause many confusions like comments not getting to the right recipient etc.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as how email is handled - while it isn't stock, this behavior is accounted for/can be altered in the SMlets Exchange Connector.

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Shameless plug @Adam_Dzyacky 😉

I've been looking at your EC for quite a while, but we haven't made the jump yet. I've got some concerns regarding primarily error handling and reporting, so I'm still a bit hesitant. I would love to contribute to the project, and alleviate some of my own concerns, but I simply don't have the time atm.

But it's an awesome project and really a huge improvement of anything related to mail-handling in SCSM. Kudos!

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

It was practically an invitation. 😁

To spare the thread/nature of this request, I'll DM you to get some more info around the points you've raised.