Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Custom Grid View Filter - search all grid columns in a view

2»

Comments

• Wendy_CraigWendy_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the update @joivan_hedrick. We also use Group by for some scenarios, but something is better than nothing!

• Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@joivan_hedrick is working if not grouped. Thank you!

• Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited February 2020

@joivan_hedrick hey mate,

Seems to be broken in Portal version 9.7.2.2016.

Gridview search error: Found a grid view, but not a reset button. Cannot show search filter in this scenario.

• Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Attached is the version I have working on portal version 9.7.2.2016

• joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Chris_Jordan This one should be fixable by removing the setTimeout within the script, using a similar version to the one posted on the initial thread post, 2019.08.20_CustomGridViewFilter.zip. Give that one a try and let me know if it's still not working for you.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Is anyone having a few issues with saved searches on 9.4.11 version of the portal? The search disappears when you hit enter and the results doesn't appear to change.

Is there a way to stop it appearing on saved searches?

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@joivan_hedrick This looks really good.

Just wondering if there was a way to hide the filter results when OData is involved so we don't have the search and the filter results options:

I just found that in our environment (9.4.11) I find differing results between the search and the filter box. I think this filter is great and is desperately needed on pages built with SQL table widget.

Is there an easy way for me to adjust it. I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to customising this type of code.

• Vyacheslav_GromovVyacheslav_Gromov Partner IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2021

@joivan_hedrick

Please if it is possible can you add custom filter to columns 'equal' and 'not equal' null. In your code I found this peace  { field : firstColumn, operator : "neq", value: ""} ] //isnotnull doesn't work with this kendo filter? 

Maybe it can be use for custom filters?

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This would be awesome if it was made into an addin. 😉😉

@Shane_White ,@Justin_Workman ,@Adam_Dzyacky

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this is default for oData tables now @Gabriel_Lences 😉

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I meant specifically for SQL tables and all other (non oData table) grids, such as my work/my requests. Etc. ☺️

• Brett_EtzelBrett_Etzel Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are preparing to migrate to a new setup (SCSM 2019 with the portal at version 11.2.0.2016).

Most things are working great, but I can't seem to make Joivan's Custom Grid Search happy.

We've really grown to rely on and appreciate Joivan's custom_GridViewFilter.js customization.

Unfortunately, v9.3.10.2016_v1 isn't happy as is and I can't figure out why.

Anyone out there having any luck with Joivan's Custom Grid Search on portal version 11.2.0.2016?

Any guidance/pointers would be very much appreciated!

P.S. Is here a feature request out there to have Grid Search added to the out of box portal? So far, I'm not impressed enough with Global Search to let it replace the direct grid filtering ability of Joivan's Custom Grid Search. If you have the link to the feature request, could you please pass along? I'm not having luck finding it, if it exists.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Brett_Etzel

I have fixed this issue and updated a few other things in line with newer practice and well as matched the styling with the equivalent OOB function in the oData grids.

Code now lives in GitHub and link is on the original post.

Geoff

@Geoff_Smith

I hear you are having a few issues. Can you explain what's going on and we can see if we can figure it out.

• Brett_EtzelBrett_Etzel Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Geoff,

I'm not familiar with using the Portal's oData grids. In the interest of time, I stick to what I know (SQL queries).

I was able to get the customization working again by replacing the js with a fresh copy (guessing I missed a typo somewhere).

It would be great to have Joivan's custom_GridViewFilter.js customization baked in to the production solution.

Thanks, Brett

Hi @Brett_Etzel

Glad you are up and running. Just to clarify though, this new version works on SQL grids too, just matches the styling of the search box which appears baked in on oData Grids. Check it out if you get time.

Geoff

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Geoff_Ross is there a way to make the search working when the table is grouped by a certain column?

Lots of our analysts group their Work Items in Team Work by Status or the Assigned To User. If that happens the search does not return anything unfortunately.

Wouldn't that search be great for an Add-In or a general feazure for future Portal versions?

@Simon_Zeinhofer

I wonder why the grouping effects the filter. I will try and have a look.

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello @Geoff_Ross , have you tried if that is a common issue? :)