Home Analyst Portal

homepage on load click / PR 5.2

Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
How would I go about doing a on load click on the homepage, an element say a heading for example when the home page loads.

Reason being, we are testing the PR 5.2 and the request offerings are not showing up on load until you click an element on the homepage. I believe the issue comes about after a certain IE11 update is installed. (works fine on chrome and edge etc, but our SOE is currently IE11 with updates).

Would really like to test the PR with a small user group, and my testing shows everything else working fine except for this issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What IE11 updates were added that now stops the portal from working as it should?
    Does the issue still happen with IE11 out-of-the-box? (Sans Updates)

I'm keen to hear if anyone else in the community is seeing this issue.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Is something like this what you are looking for?
    $(window).load(function () { <br>   if (document.URL.indexOf("/ServiceCatalog/Listing/#/") === -1) {
          $("#ng-binding").trigger('click'); }<br>});
    Include that in the custom.js file. It should click on the heading of the Service Catalog

It's probably not the best solution for this kind of issue and more of a simple workaround if this is not functioning correctly.
  • Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Tony,
    I very much appreciate your assistance here.

I have added the code (changed slightly as we use an alternate home page, however it's not clicking anything on the page).

Is suppose to be clicking the Home heading?

What IE11 updates were added that now stops the portal from working as it should?
    Does the issue still happen with IE11 out-of-the-box? (Sans Updates)

I'm keen to hear if anyone else in the community is seeing this issue.
    Hi Brett,

Issue doesn't occur on the RTM version, I am not entirely sure what update specifically breaks it however.

You won't notice the issue if you are not using this specific home page either. (The home page that lists all the RO's on the one page)
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hmmm, I believe it should click the Home header. I don't have the issue in my environment so I can't replicate the problem. 

You could try replacing .trigger('click') with .click()
    edited August 2016
    Unless it's clicking the Home button before the issue occurs, would adding a boundReady possibly help?

Tried both .trigger('click') with .click(), without success. :neutral:
  • L_AliceaL_Alicea Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited August 2016

I am having the same issue.  Works in Chrome fine, but IE forces you to click before the request offerings show up.  You don't have to click on anything specific, just click anywhere on the page (doesn't have to be a valid link, the background suffices)

Using one of the Alternate pages so as to get the descriptions on as I liked.

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We are seeing the same problem in Version 6 in IE 11, users really should not have to click the page to see the request offerings.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Portal V6 on Test, when you click the Home Icon in the Sidebar:
    • Chrome will load service offerings and requests perfectly, even will say Loading... if it has to....
    • IE11 will not, it says "General" instead of Loading... and only after clicking somewhere on the page will it reveal the Service and Request Offerings
    Oddly enough in IE11, if we have the DOM Explorer open and click the home button, it will say Loading... and then display the icons, so something is very odd.....
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are seeing the same problem in Version 6 in IE 11, users really should not have to click the page to see the request offerings.
    We are working on a hotfix for v6 with this issue where service catalog requiring a click to show request offerings.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Joe_Burrows I see there is now Hotfix 6.0.1 available but I did not see this issue listed in the Bug Fixes :'(

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joe_Burrows I see there is now Hotfix 6.0.1 available but I did not see this issue listed in the Bug Fixes :'(

The fix didnt make it to 6.0.1  :#, expected in the next hotfix in the coming weeks
    We will continue with our window load workaround....