Home Self-Service Portal - Community

How to update a query search option and/or create a new multiple selection query

Hi All,

i have been tasked to create a new online form on the self service portal. One of the questions is to present the user with a list of choice sand they can select which one they want and it could be more then one.

Below is an example for software and hardware. I have no idea how to add new software to the list. i go into lists, and configuration items and i cant seem to find it.

also, how do i create a brand new one?

hopefully this isn't too confusing.

Thank you.

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mina_Saidi

I would first check the existing configuration of that Request Offering to see which class that Query Results is pulling information from and this will tell you where to add it.

My guess if you are using Cireson Asset Management that this will be a Cireson Software Asset you would need to add and you can create those in the console by going to

Configuration Items>Asset Management>Software Assets>Create New Software Asset

Or creating them in the Portal through +New>Asset Management>Software Asset>Create Software Asset

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Shane

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited September 2019

Thanks @Shane_White , i will have a look.

are there any steps or documentation on creating them from scratch? as in, i know how to crate a query within the Request Offering, but i dont know how to create a class to store the information and get the query to display the options to the user?

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mina_Saidi

There is nothing for creating them from scratch but here is a document I found on creating them automatically:

Also here is a blog on the solution too which might be useful:

Thanks,

Shane