Home Analyst Portal

Changing Enum characters search limit

Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Analyst Portal
Good day everyone,

I have a question regarding the number of characters needed before the text prediction kicks in.
Currently, it is set at three but we have a requirement to change it to two.
The reason for this is that we have a building list and we require users to select their building so that the calls can be routed to the correct support group. So what happens now is that users select "Building F" instead of drilling down and selecting "F2"

If they type in F20, it works correctly.

It will be awesome if it will be possible to change this. It is probably just some JS file that needs to be changed but I suspect it will not be inside the CustomSpace folder so any updates will overwrite the setting... I have treid to locate the file/setting without success.

I know that it will add more load to the system as many results will be predicted. But I guess I will just need to analyze the impact and justify if needed.

Regards
Gerhard

Best Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok, so I finally had some time to tacke this request.

In C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\app\app.controls.js (or wherever your portal is installed) change the four "minLength" attributes from 3 to 2.

Remember to refresh your cache (Ctrl + F5) to load the new file.

This is probably a non supported customization and any portal upgrade will change this setting back to default.

Please first do testing in a non-prod environment.

G

Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok, so I finally had some time to tacke this request.

In C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Scripts\app\app.controls.js (or wherever your portal is installed) change the four "minLength" attributes from 3 to 2.

Remember to refresh your cache (Ctrl + F5) to load the new file.

This is probably a non supported customization and any portal upgrade will change this setting back to default.

Please first do testing in a non-prod environment.

G

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Nice one Gerhard!!!

You are correct that it is unsupported by Cireson and would be overwritten with each Cireson Portal upgrade.