Home Self-Service Portal - Community

formatting text within RO

Hi All,

Is it possible to allow/enable formatting within "text" field of a request offering?

right now it seems to be just simple text with no formatting to allowing of hyperlinks, but is it possible to allow it to be formatted? some requests we recieve is for updating information published on websites and it needs to be formatted correctly but i cant see anywhere to allow for that.

is it possible?

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the text itself accepts HTML-tags, so you can format it pretty much however you want, if you know a bit of HTML, e.g.:

• <b>this will be bold</b>
    • <i>This will be in italics</i>
    • <a href="www.google.com" target="_blank">This is a link to google</a>

There's some more examples here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

thanks @Konstantin_Slavin-Bo

how ever it may not be easy for the typical end user to format using HTML. the request offerings for our end users to submit their request through the self service portal. Though most forms, simple text with no formatting is fine, we have a new form which will require the end user to add bold, italic text etc.

we have a form called "request to create news item" which is basically publishing an article/update on our intranet and/or website.

the form is the below;

in the text field, they cant do any formatting.

i basically would like to enable formatting similar to what we have available in the "send email" function.

is that possible?

Thanks

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Ah, I misunderstood your question, I see what you mean now.

While what you are asking is not impossible, it would require some pretty extensive custom code, as you would need to replace a string prompt with a kendo editor widget, and make sure that it returns the data correctly to the form. It can be done, but you would have to find someone who has a good grip on Javascript to do it.

You could also simply allow users to upload a Word-document?