Home Survey App

satisfaction choices in the mail itself

Frederik_VandendriesFrederik_Vandendries Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I have installed the SurveyApp for testing. It looks like there is only the option to put a link inside the mail template that takes the user to the Survey portal page.

We had the idea to do an IT satisfaction survey inside the mail template. For example a few clickable smileys that push the survey result immediatly to the portal database. And finally show a thank you message to the user.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Or via a custom script?

Kind regards,

Frederik

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, there's no API endpoints specifically for the survey app, so I don't think there's any ootb way to do this.

But yeah, with a custom script you could do it. You could have a custom page, which gets the Cireson Survey Template and commits it with details passed through the URL (related ticket, selected smiley / satisfaction etc). You can have a look at the SurveyApp in CustomSpace itself, to see how Cireson does it, and replicate the desired behavior in your custom page.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo didn't you have that implemented in your mails? Haven't I seen a screenshot from you a few years ago where you have presented your email templates? :)

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Frederik_Vandendries if you just want 1-question survey we had an idea but never implemented, we are using external NPS/CSAT system. It should work like this:

after completing ticket user receives e-mail notification with rating icons (numbers 1-10, smileys, whatever you preffer) where each icon has unique link containing ticket identifier and given rating:

mailto:rating_mailbox@mycompany.com?subject=[SRID]&body=RatingXY

Orchestrator will look into that mailbox, process incoming e-mails, parse them and add rating to ticket, put it into database or do what you need/prefer.