Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Anyone having issues with Attachments on Self Service?

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have an occasional issue where staff using self service cannot add an attachment. If it is an analyst, they have the option to attach the file after the ticket is created but it won't do it as part of the request offering submission. This is a periodic issue for us, if we try to use the same template and same attachment to replicate the issue then it will go through fine.

We have this occasionally with the analyst console as well when it errors before submitting a new ticket, and you have to submit the ticket without an attachment. As soon as it exists, its fine.

I have raised this with Cireson a few times but its difficult to replicate. Just curious if anyone has come across this and has a better explanation of the behaviour/cause?

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Is your portal load balanced across multiple web servers?

We are having the opposite problem (mainly because our offerings don't have an attachments field), but I wonder if the cause is the same, possibly.

The basic cause is that when the file is uploaded, it gets saved into a temp folder on the web server. When the ticket is saved, however, the save command is issued to a different web server, and that other server has nothing in the temp folder matching the attachment.

The fact that it is intermittent made this spring to mind, but there could be other causes, of course.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@Tom_Hendricks - That might be it. Yes, we have 4 portal servers.

I have an active ticket open so I'll see if Cireson can confirm if this is the cause for us. Thanks.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

We have this issue due to having multi web servers. Had to enable sticky sessions on the load balancer so a user would maintain the connect to the specific server. What we found is they would upload the attachment, get bounced to another server on the save action and the action would not be able to find the attachment. Sticky sessions resolved this.

Here are some other posts were it is talked about