Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add Cireson Powershell Activity to Incident templates

It would be great to be able to add a powershell activity to an Incident templates based on the following screenshot:

25 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Support for PowerShell Activities on Incidents is available with Cloud Activity

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. This kind of integration would make Cireson PSA a true alternative to SCO and SMA runbook solutions.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Any Updates on this?  I had to shoe-horn in a RunBook with a .Net script to run a simple PowerShell script that would have been trivial if I could have had a PSA to add to my Incident.
  • Adam_LloydAdam_Lloyd Customer IT Monkey ✭

Would Also Like this!!

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

this can actually be done by editing the management pack to add the powershell activity object to the incident objecttemplate. once it has been added by editing the management pack, it can then be opened and modified on the incident template activity tab

Perfect, I'll have a go at editing shortly! Unless you want to provide the edited mp xml to save me some effort? ;-) "Here's one I made earlier" :-)

@Adam_Lloyd

for that one i just added this to the bottom of the incident definition in the management pack, as the last item before the </ObjectTemplate> NOTE: you will have to add the powershell script to it etc, but it seems it doesn't actially require a powershell activity template to go with it as it doesn't actually use one and the activity embedded in the incident can have the script it uses changed etc as well

<Object Path="$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' TypeConstraint='CustomCireson_Powershell_Activity_Library!Cireson.Powershell.Activity']$">

<Property Path="$Context/Property[Type='CustomCireson_Powershell_Activity_Library!Cireson.Powershell.Activity']/PowerShellPropertyMapping$">&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?&gt;&lt;ArrayOfPowershellModel xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" /&gt;</Property>

<Property Path="$Context/Property[Type='CustomCireson_Powershell_Activity_Library!Cireson.Powershell.Activity']/RunAsUser$">False</Property>

<Property Path="$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity']/Skip$">False</Property>

<Property Path="$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Title$">test psa</Property>

<Property Path="$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/IsDowntime$">False</Property>

</Object>

Jeff, thank you very much, very helpful and much appreciated! @Jeff_Lang I'll have a go shortly and let you know how I get on :)

oops i forgot to mention, you also have to add the reference to the top of the management pack, heres the one i used

<Reference Alias="CustomCireson_Powershell_Activity_Library">

<ID>Cireson.Powershell.Activity.Library</ID>

<Version>8.1.6.2016</Version>

<PublicKeyToken>98ba2176e2a9efbc</PublicKeyToken>

</Reference>

• Filip_TheyssensFilip_Theyssens Partner IT Monkey ✭

hi all,

I'm also looking to integrate this.

In which management pack exactly should this be added?

does this still work in SCSM 2019?

Thanks!

@Filip_Theyssens this should work on scsm 2019, the code is added to the incident template defined in a management pack, you may need to export the management pack which contains your incident template to modify

I forgot to say Thanks Earlier Jeff - I got it sorted in the end :)

• Brad_ZimaBrad_Zima Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Jeff_Lang I tried this in my environment (2016), but I'm getting the following error when I attempt to import the modified MP.

The management pack import failed.

Errors (1):

Incorrect argument specified: All activities in the template should have one Child Id property defined..

• Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am seeing the same error as @Brad_Zima.

Did anyone resolve this at all?

• William_HollinsWilliam_Hollins Member IT Monkey ✭

Anyone have an update on a successful implementation of this?

• Brad_ZimaBrad_Zima Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@William_Hollins Yes, you can actually run Powershell activities on Incidents using the PowerShell Activity and Cloud Activity apps. You would create a Cloud Activity and set the Automation Type to "Powershell" and select any Powershell scripts that you have created with the PowerShell Activity app. You can read more about Cloud Activity here: https://kb.cireson.com/article/install-cloud-activity/2625