Home General Discussion

Problem with CacheBuilder

Hi Team! I have user in my SCSM it is active user, but in ServiceManagement Database user is not in the table CI$User, there is no information about this user in the log CacheBuilder. How it can be? Help please who know.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the distinguishedName from Active Directory match exactly what is listed as the distinguishedName in the User Configuration Item in SCSM?

• Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is additional problem. We have DEV environment and PROD, we restore backup from prod DBs ServiceManager and ServiceManagement in DEV Env. In Dev ActiveDirectory we do have this user, user is only DB ServiceManager it can be a problem? If user isn't in AD , in DB ServiceManagement user can't be?.. but in ServiceManager user have active status.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Roman_Nepomniashchii

The User needs to exist in SCSM (brought through using the AD Connector)

The Distinguished Name of the User CI must match the Distinguished Name of the AD Object

Then the Cache Builder runs and brings through these users into the Portal Cache, again Distinguished Name must match.

If any of these criteria is not met then the new user may not show in your Portal.

Let me know if this helps.

Shane.