Home Service Manager
Options

Update incident / service request title

Gavin_SpeedGavin_Speed Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

We have service requests / incidents with custom titles, and we'd like to append a portion of the users email address who is logging the call.

For example, extract the sub string between "@" and ".mycompany.org", and append this to the call title when the call is first logged. 

So an example SmithB@accounts.mycompany.org logging a call which has title “Software install” gets changed to - "Accounts – Software install".

Any thoughts on how i can achieve that?

Thanks all

Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Recommend a SCORCH runbook

Get SR/IR object ->Get Related AD User ->(Filter for only created by user on the link) -> Get Ad User -> Run .net activity power shell that rips apart the AD user email. Then have the PS piece together the new title, Then last activity Update SR/IR object.

Remember to update Title and displayname of the object. So they are consistent with other items in the system.

HTH

• Options
    Gavin_SpeedGavin_Speed Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the response! I agree runbook seems the best choice. However, i wonder if it will be an issue in the last step where we update SR/IR object.

For example, when user raises call via portal, depending on what category it is, the title field will be auto populated form them. So as in my example. user raises SR for 'Software Install' clicks submit and SR is created with a title of 'Software Install'. Then our runbook executes shortly after and gets the string required out of the users email address value, and then finally updates the SR...but won't this overwrite the existing SR title?

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on the requirements yes. Unless your goal is to attempt to have the title of the WI be "Accounts – Software install" on initial submit so the WI starts with that title. In that case it would be a feature request for the ARO to perform mapping from CI's outside of the display name. Kind of the request my co-worker submitted about mapping other fields https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5173/aro-using-multiple-mapping-to-map-user-specified-field-for-query-prompt-results

• Options
    Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We are using Orchestrator to do this as @Brian_Wiest suggested.

We change the Title according to more prompts from UserInput so we get like "Mobile Phone - Roaming - Peter Miklian - End 01/04/2020" instead of simple Mobile Phone. But it was not easy to do all this working and we are still not finished, too many good ideas :)