Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Browse By Category - Not showing results from all language

Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

KbSearchByUserLocale is available under "setting items" and is set to false so all knowledge article can be search but the "Browse By Category" list doesn't show results from all language - only for the selected portal language!

Is this a bug and does anyone know a workaround for this?

Comments

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mikkel_Madsen - There's not a way to alter the browse behavior like there is for the search behavior. You can raise a feature request though!

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mikkel_Madsen

This was actually raised to us by a customer in a ticket and this is by design, because if you had a lot of KB's, but lots of the same KB but in different languages, then if it were to show all it would be very cluttered.

So I would also raise a Feature Request for maybe an option to have one or the other, show all lanugages or just local.

Thanks,

Shane

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Shane_White and @Justin_Workman what is the idea behind the setting item "KbSearchByUserLocale" if only half of the system use it? 🙄

I don't think i'm getting anywhere with a feature request - can you guide me where to edit the original code to make it language independent?

@Shane_White can you guide me where to edit the original code to make it language independent? :)

Hi @Mikkel_Madsen

Apologies for the delayed response, this is a tricky one as we cannot provide the original code.

I would definitely raise a Feature Request for this, even if that would be for an additional dropdown that allows you to pick a language for the category.

Other than that my suggestion would be to get in touch with consultancy services and see what they can offer/build.

Thanks,

Shane

@Shane_White what about forcing it to always search English KB's? Is that possible?

@Mikkel_Madsen

No I do not believe so as it will only search based on language that is set for each user sorry.

Thanks,

Shane