Home Analyst Portal

email notifications to support group when ticket is created - enabling for just one support group

Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Team,

I have created a new subscription within service manager with the criteria that when an incident's support group equals "Security" team an email is to go out to the security team members to notify them.

within "notify analyst" app, the Create workflow is not enabled as other teams don't want to be notified when tickets are created and assigned to them upon creation but security team wants to be notified. How ever when i set up the subscription, tested by using one of the RO's that automatically assign tickets to Security, it didn't trigger the email to the team.

i'm worried about enabling the "Create workflow" within notify analyst as it will send emails to all support groups when tickets are created for them.

am i missing something?

Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Does the workflow check for a new IR or IRs that get updated?

If you selected "When an object of the selected class is created" on the first screen, it will only fire for new IRs.

If you want it to fire whenever the SG changes to "Security", you will have to choose "When an object of the selected class is updated"

And then under "Additional Critera" under "Changed From" you config it as "Support group does not equal 'Security' " and under "Changed To" you config it as "Support group equals 'Security' "

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks @Gerhard_Goossens

It is select for "When an object of the selected class is created" for both IR and SR (seperate subscriptions) but it wont sent an email when tickets are newly created and assigned upon creation.

i'm probably missing something.

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that the SCSM-Security group does not seem to have an email address as pr. the second screenshot. Have you mail-enabled the AD-group?

The rest of your setup looks to be correct, but to be sure: When you say "assigned upon creation", do you mean that the support group is set in the template?

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo is correctly pointing the issue. Notify analyst uses security groups where it reads the members of the group and sends the emails to the users (meaning groups only need to be security groups). The OOB workflow looks at the email address of the group and attempts to send there so they must be mail enabled security groups.

• robert_fewins-kalbrobert_fewins-kalb Member IT Monkey ✭

@Brian_Wiest or anyone who's still monitoring this...

Does the mail enabled securty group need to be the Support Group? This KA makes it sound like if we want to automate notification to the Development group then we need to create a Support Group called Development and a mail-enabled Security Group within AD also called Development. Am I understanding this correctly?

Help is greatly appreciated. We are going live with the Cireson portal on June 9 so we are working on tying off loose ends before the cutover.

Thanks!