Home General Discussion
Options

Migrating users from one SCSM environment to another using LMA

Joakim_NormannJoakim_Normann Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We are in the middle of upgrading our SCSM environment from 2012 to 2019. One thing I need to do before I can start migrating workitems from our current PROD to the new PROD is that I need to migrate all users that we currently have in our 2012 environment. There are users that no longer exists in our AD, but still have workitems connected to them in Service Manager. I tried in LMA to migrate the class System.Domain.User, but received the following error:

Exception was caught: Field 'System.Domain.User.UserIsOperator' not found.

at SCSM_Lifecycle_Management.Common.CreateNewObjectFromExistingObject(EnterpriseManagementObject emoToBeCopied, ManagementPackClass mpcthisObjectClass, String[] strPropertiesToExclude, EnterpriseManagementGroup emgnew)

at SCSM_Lifecycle_Management.Common.CreateNewObjectProjectionFromExistingObjectProjection(EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection emopToBeCopied, ManagementPackClass mpcthisObjectClass, String[] strPropertiesToExclude, EnterpriseManagementGroup emgnew)

at a.a(EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection A_0, EnterpriseManagementObject A_1, ManagementPackClass A_2, ParallelLoopState A_3)

at a.a(ManagementPackClass A_0, ManagementPackTypeProjection A_1)

at a.b(ManagementPackClass A_0)

at a.aa()

at a.g()

Is this the correct class to migrate or should I migrate some other class in order to get all users over to the new environment?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

This has been resolved. It turns out that you first need to migrate class Microsoft.AD.User before you migrate System.Domain.User. After migrating the users in this order I have exactly the same number of user accounts in both environments.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

This has been resolved. It turns out that you first need to migrate class Microsoft.AD.User before you migrate System.Domain.User. After migrating the users in this order I have exactly the same number of user accounts in both environments.