Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Where do files for Portal edits need to be saved?

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are working on adding an accordion style menu like the one found at this link to the Portal: https://codepen.io/brenden/pen/Kwbpyj

Do the files to customize the Home Page of the Portal all get saved in the CustomSpace folder on the web server? Or do they need to be saved somewhere else as well?

Also, does anyone what to target with our JS? We found the section of the HTML for the main catalog area, but we aren't sure if we need to taget that or the specific div for each set of Service Offerings we have.

Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

CustomSpace gets backed up during the upgrade process. All other customizations will be whiped.

• Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

But is that where all Portal customization files need to be saved at for them to take effect in the Portal?

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I know that the CustomSpace folder is the recommended storage location for all customizations. These include custom IR,SR, PR, etc forms and any other custom pages that you create or get from the communityu. I personaly do have a couple of JS and HTML files that I edited that does not take effect if placed in CustomSpace. So I just maintain a list of these changes and where the files are so that it can be changed and tested after updates.

• Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Okay, thank you for that information!

We have some custom JS and CSS, but haven't tried custom HTML for the portal so we don't want to miss anything. I believe our last hurdle is figuring out how to target the Service Offerings so that we can create the accordion menu.