Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add Cireson Knowledgebase to the SharePoint Search Engin

In our organization the entire Intranet is build in SharePoint. All of our knowledge-base (FAQ's) are currently on the Service desk Intranet page. At this moment our users can search for an FAQ from any place of our Intranet. If we want to use the Cireson Knowledge-base, we lose the possibility that user can search on our Intranet and find our FAQ's/Knowledge base. It would be very helpful if the SharePoint search engine also can search through the Cireson Knowledge-base.
4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• John_LongJohn_Long Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This isn't exactly a portal feature is it? It's more for the SharePoint farm I would imagine?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my users' biggest complaints is how inaccurate KB searches are.  I would say that if there was a web service API for text-based article searches that was more contextual (or keyword based) and less about counting the number of times a word appears in the body, that might solve both of our problems here.

In that case it would be a portal feature and it should get you what you want.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have your SharePoint admin add the Cireson Database to the search taxonomy. We do this for work items.
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Brian, do you have any further documentation on this or links that you can share that I can give my SharePoint administrators?

We are wanting to add SharePoint search capability to the knowledge articles. We have a central hub SharePoint site that we point people to, to search for anything. We would like our Cireson portal knowledge articles included in those results.

We are also looking at being able to search for requests, incidents, service requests, etc. but have questions about how 'security' works when using another platform to access the databases.

Appreciate any advice/help you can provide.

We set up the work items as a BDC in SharePoint

But also we did this off a database that we built from scratch that replicated the data warehouse in a format that works for our environment.

Awesome, thanks Brian!  I'll share this with our admin. staff.

I would also note that the KB's are encoded in the database. There is a post in the community for moving the table around that allows for it to be read as plain text. So I am betting that that would need to be done first so the search engine can index it. We haven't had a chance to do this yet for SharePoint. Kind of been placed on hold with a migration to Office online, and since office online cannot index it, we haven't determined an action plan yet.

Gotcha, thanks again Brian.  Much appreciated.

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Reading this post I got the exactly opposite idea: due to limitations of SCSM or Cireson KnowledgeBase (KB) and need to have all documents in 1 place under 1 search we decided to move our KB to O365 Sharepoint. Is it possible to integrate it into Cireson portal, i.e. integrate external sources to the portal search?