Home Notify Analyst

Is there inheritance on support groups when using them as criteria for starting a workflow?

Michelle_UnderwMichelle_Underw Customer IT Monkey ✭

When configuring the workflow to send notifications on creation of new items, if you choose the criteria of 'when Support Group equals...' and you have top level groups with subgroups under them, do you need to add an OR for each subgroup or will it inherit from the top level group?

Example: Group 1 (Applications) has 3 sub-groups (External, Internal, Management) can I just use Applications or must I also add an 'OR when Support Group equals...' for each of the External, Internal and Management subgroups?

I couldn't find anywhere that explained setting the criteria for these workflows in relations to support groups, but I am new to this so might not be using the correct terminology in my search. (I posted this as a comment on another thread then realized it should be posted as a question, so I apologize for the duplication. I am unable to delete the comment.)

Best Answer

Answers

• Michelle_UnderwMichelle_Underw Customer IT Monkey ✭

I went ahead and added all the subgroups but it would be nice to have a definitive answer about whether subgroups are included when a parent group is selected in a criteria.

Thanks.

• Michelle_UnderwMichelle_Underw Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks @Shane_White, that is what I was configuring. As the configuration was set up it was only kicking off the Notify Analyst workflow if the ticket was assigned to the primary group on creation. We added a couple of Incident types that are immediately assigned to the actual group that will handle it instead of the help desk staff and it wasn't notifying anyone.