Home Analyst Portal

System.WorkItemRequestedByUser = Requested By in Incident.js and/or ServiceRequest.js

Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Dear community,

I've a form topic with the "RequestedByUser" relation. It has the same TargetName as "CreatedByUser"...

So it isnt' possible to use the PropertyName entry for ServiceRequest.js to display that information.

Is there a way to give more or different properties in .js to display Requested By info?

E.g. source or any of the ID's instead of the TargetName in table ServiceManager.RelationshipType

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "RequestedBy", PropertyName: "CreatedWorkItem"}

Thanks in advance for your replies! ;)

Best Answers

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately you cannot have Requested by and Created by on the same form due to those target names being the same. This is a Microsoft issue for naming those targets the same so this is not a supported scenario I am afraid. You could however do a display only field using Javascript to pull this information in and just display it.

Thanks,

Shane

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your reply! ;)

Do you already have some code to put it to custom.js?

Display only is enough for me ;).

Thanks in Advance!

Best regards,

Peter

edited November 2019

Is there a way to use any other information out of that table instead of the bad targetname?

e.g. (which is not working):

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "RequestedBy", PropertyName: "RelationshipTypeID:F6205E94-82F9-9A97-3B4F-C7127AFB43A8"}

I've same trouble with pageForm.viewModel information's. Even there the correct user for IsRequestedByUser isn't displayed correctly... :(

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Peter,

I am looking into a custom solution, please bare with me 😊

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane,

great thank you! :)

Answer ✓

Hi Shane,

thank you for quick reply!!

Your solution is working great for me :).

BR

Peter