Home General Discussion

Portal Email Setup

CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Dear All,

How do i setup the portal so that when it sends an email, when a requester who receives it and replies back it goes into the ticket?

Daniel

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you're wanting the Exchange Connector. There's a Microsoft one and this alternative from @Adam_Dzyacky

• CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I dont believe so, when a technician emails from the portal, and the requester responds i want it to go into the ticket. I have setup email to ticket for different queues, so i dont really know how this part is going to work?

In the portal you have a section for smtp email settings? these allow you to email directly from the portal. i want when a ticket number is attached and comes from the email address it attaches to the incident. i have various exchange connectors now which direct incidents to incident templates ok. my issues is the portal part and replies.

I figured this out. Each Support group needs to have their own exchange connector which then calls on a template to the support group.

I also had an over all email acount which also needs a connector. it now works.