Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

View Powershell Activity

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

In this zip is a couple of files. psaClick goes in custom.js whether it's directly or via a script loader. The other is a custom form definition for a Powershell activity form and it can just sit in CustomSpace. psaClick will add a button to the Activity header of Powershell Activities on a Service Request or Change Request and allow you to click through to a proper form for the PSA that lets you see the script and the output. This is helpful especially for failed PSAs. Hopefully it will prevent you from having to dig through the console to see why it failed. Keep in mind that this uses the DynamicData form that is only available in version 9 or higher.

Comments

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman - This is fantastic! It also works for the other activity types if you comment out lines 8 and 10. Doing that will let you create a custom form that includes the history of the activity and that would be a big gain for me; however, it gets tripped up if any parallel activities are included.

Here's the structure of my activities:

PSA

PA

--MA

--MA

MA

MA

MA

MA

In this case pageForm.viewModel.Activity has 6 members (it doesn't contain the two MAs in the PA). The first 6 activities from top to bottom get the external link bound to it; though the links for two MAs in the PA don't work. The last two MAs don't get it. I can't figure out how to traverse the entire activity structure.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

@Nick_Flint - I updated this to add a button to all activity types and account for whether they're in a PA or an SA. Thanks for the suggestion!

@Justin_Workman - Thank you! I made one small adjustment. I added the PA and SA links and a variable to define whether to do so.

@Nick_Flint - I like it!! 😀

Added custom forms for MA, RA, PA and SA (not much on the SA form yet, we don't use it much).

@Justin_Workman The Activity Implementer / Assigned To property isn't working for me in the Manual Activities form. I'm using: { DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "ActivityImplementer", PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", ExtraProps: "Title,UserName,BusinessPhone" },

Any idea what might be going on?

@Nick_Flint - Do you have a Type Projection for MAs that contains that relationship? The default projection doesn't appear to contain any relationships for MAs.

You can set up projection for the MA class in Admin Settings/Group Settings. The Type Projection with the name System.WorkItem.Activity.ManualActivityViewProjection only has the AssignedWorkItem relationship. That should work?