Home Analyst Portal

Create Request on Behalf of - controling the # in auto-complete list

Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

After typing a couple of letters, the user is presented with a list of 10 possible completions. Is there a way to control the # in the list ? 

Even if we could change the 10 to be 50, that would be keep our users happy.

Best Answer

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We actually limit this within the call to the API.

http://localhost/api/V3/User/GetUserList?userFilter=set&filterByAnalyst=false&maxNumberOfResults=10

There is no supported method for this, so please be aware of that before making any modifications to your code. Since this is hard coded into the code for the user picker control, it's not something we can modify with some javascript after the fact.

You can modify it within the code just by changing the value... but this would be overwritten by any upgrades and as I mentioned any issues around this would be unsupported.

Scripts\forms\fields\userPicker

var properties = {
       MaxNumberOfResults: 10
    }

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting Question.
    The more letters you type the more the list gets filtered down, but I see where you are coming from.

With a large number in this list the UI performance may take a hit, but I can't see that extending it to a maximum of 50 would cause a huge impact.
    At 50 it might be a bit of a long list but nothing too outrages.

I can't see an easy way to do this via Java but that not to say it can't be done.
    Let me see if some of our brains trust can come back with an answer.

Watch this space.
    Answer ✓
    We actually limit this within the call to the API.

http://localhost/api/V3/User/GetUserList?userFilter=set&filterByAnalyst=false&maxNumberOfResults=10

There is no supported method for this, so please be aware of that before making any modifications to your code. Since this is hard coded into the code for the user picker control, it's not something we can modify with some javascript after the fact.

You can modify it within the code just by changing the value... but this would be overwritten by any upgrades and as I mentioned any issues around this would be unsupported.

Scripts\forms\fields\userPicker

var properties = {
       MaxNumberOfResults: 10
    }
  • Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

The brain trust delivers again !

Seth, this works great. Could we put in a request to have this configurable in a future release ?

• Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Worth noting that in 4.0.10 this does not adjust the results in the 'Created on Behalf of' results.
    Jerry, please feel free to add this as a feature request here on the forum!