Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Homepage customisation with Widgets

If we had a handful of homepage focused Widgets in the page designer, we could create our own custom homepages to look exactly how we wanted.

I'm often asked, 'Can we move the Top ROs, KBs etc to the bottom of the page?' or 'Can we add a small chart to the homepage showing current load of the service desk?'. With this feature you easily could, without JavaScript or CSS.

We would need Widgets such as:

• The actual catalogue (in all three layouts)
  • Top / Favourite ROs and KBs
  • An 'About Me' / 'My Profile' type widget with user-centric information
  • The Search box

along with the current grid, chart and HTML widgets.

Combine this with another feature request to be able to create SQL Query grids and charts with a ME token and you could also add to your homepage, a mini 'My Requests' or 'My Approvals' grid. Please up-vote that one here:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1410/ability-to-use-me-token-in-sql-query-dashboards#latest

Here's a mock up of what could be created with this feature.

Thanks for reading / voting

Geoff

84 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to have a +100 option but this one deserves it! Great mockup @Geoff_Ross - hopefully this will continue to be upvoted and become reality in the not too distant future :)
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to have a +100 option but this one deserves it! Great mockup @Geoff_Ross - hopefully this will continue to be upvoted and become reality in the not too distant future :)
    Completely agree! Great idea Geoff
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    As much of a fan of the portal as I am, I feel that all of the out of the box home page options have far too much white space and don't make good use of the screen real estate available.  Having the flexibility to fill the homepage with useful information, as well as RO's would be great!  Would very much like to see this :smile:
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We would love this.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Another thing that would be cool is a Widget to bring in Social Media updates. That would allow the Cireson Self Service Portal to really be the only place Users need to go for all IT Offerings, and News. It would also allow an easy way to update content on the Home Page with no SCSM knowledge or access.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Love this. Anything to help customise the home page would be great!
  • Steve_ClarkeSteve_Clarke Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I broke my mouse button trying to upvote this too many times. Love that mock up @Geoff_Ross
  • Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yes, this would be fabulous.
  • Raffael_JenzerRaffael_Jenzer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Would be absolutely great!!! Love your mockup!
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Very nice mockup suggestion.

The "About me" could contain all assets (HW, SW, licenses, ...) assigned to user so he can see and check easily all assets that he owns/IT has related to him. Or maybe separate section/page? Our users demand this badly. Thanks.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

3 years old. Really hope that this can get enough votes to be considered.