Home General Discussion
Options

Status failed to in progress

Hi Team! When my SR have status failed, I need change status to in progress. Who know if I change status with PowerShell from failed to "in progress" how will it work workflow? It will be work as status changes from new to in progress? All process (notification and if are other process) will be work?

Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there activities on the SR?

• Options
    Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭

Yes I have first MA and second AC.

I have srcipt for AC it create RA and add Reviewers according to conditions. But when reviewer reject RA and SR change status to failed I want change SR status from failed to in progress and delete RA and when analyst update SR data I need again run AC.

maybe it's not clear: I need rerun my SR when it change status to failed

• Options

You will need to create a runbook to monitor for failed SR's. Or a Service request event workflow configuration that applies a new template when triggered.

• Options
    Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭

It's ok. But we have our back-end and it will handle these tasks. I don't know when I change status from failed to in progress, workаlow will work and nothing will break...

• Options

I typically mark the SR as completed with a implementation notes of rejected. I have not attempted to continue the request, as I require users to submit a new request. You should be able to mark the failed RA into a completed status so the next in line Activity can be in progress without error.