Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Search By Affected User via Search bar

Robert_HahnRobert_Hahn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Enable Service Desk Analysts to search by Affected User names by default via the Search bar on the portal. 
54 votes

Completed · Last Updated

We are going to be integrating this with the upcoming Intelligent Global Search.

Comments

• Oliver_KuhlOliver_Kuhl Customer IT Monkey ✭
    +10, if I could! Can't Imagine, why that is not OOB present!?
  • Morten_Aulie_PettersMorten_Aulie_Petters Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭

Good idea!

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Jonathan_Boles had a similar request here. Check it out and see if that might be of value until this can be officially added.
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to add Affected User as one of the options in the search drop down of the portal (Work Items, Knowledge Base, Service Catalog) ?
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Glad to see this functionality making it into the product.  To find requests today our best method is to pull up a new ticket, add in the Affected User, click the blue information (i) icon, click more details, click the REQUESTS tab.   Functional, but not very efficient.   Any time frame on when this will be included in the release?  If we are talking weeks/months, then I probably wont make the investment in having my system admins put the custom code into place.  Years, probably worth the investment.

Glad to see the activity in the product.  We are heavily invested in Service Manager and Cireson.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Any update on the Intelligent Global Search?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Sean_Terry - the new search is currently available on the Latest portal release v9.7.0 as a Preview Feature and allows search across different SCSM Classes without now having to understand the concept of Classes as a user performing the search.

Per the readme and my own experience, it isn't production ready just yet but I think offers a pretty solid glimpse at what to expect from this feature.

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

As Adam is saying, there's a new search - Global Intelligent Search in 9.7.0 , but it doesn't seem to have the option to able to search by affected user, nor can you search search for a work item at all through the search bar (or maybe I'm blind and can't seem to find the setting to enable it 😁) Hopefully, as this feature is more developed , the options to search for a work item / service catalogue / affected user will be there.

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Gabriel_Lences make sure all the managed types you want to search on are added to Platform Cache via Dynamic Data. This KB should help: https://kb.cireson.com/article/reference-global-search-in-service-manager-portal/2518

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This looks like the thing i was searching for. Perfect, thank you for the link, didn't know there was a KB article for the global search configuration! :)

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

The Global Search Feature is now available in both latest and baseline v10 releases. You can read more about it here and this KB.