Home General Discussion

Compile All Reviewer Comments in Email

SCSM_CreatorSCSM_Creator Member IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

Is there a way to compile all reviewer comments in an email?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Basically what you will need to do is build an automation that pulls the RA for all the comments, concatenates the results into a formatted email. The automation being PowerShell or a RunBook.

I do this for just rejected RA's via a RunBook.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have the Exchange Connector, it can process approval emails.

• SCSM_CreatorSCSM_Creator Member IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman - is there documentation that you can send me on how to use Exchange Connector to complete this task? I see we have Exchange Connector but when I click on it I receive an error that states 'a required resource could not be found'. So, does that mean we don't have Exchange Connector enabled?

MS has very limited documentation out there for the connector. Only the deployment guide on the download page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45291

Now of note I have it installed and it will give you that error when attempting to open a Email connector when log logged into the primary management server. The installer installs files required for you to open the connector settings on the local host. You can attempt to run the installer on you local workstation to get the nessary dependent files on your workstation but in my experense I find it only really works from the primary management server.

But more to you question can you clarify "Way to compile all reviewer comments"

Are you asking to compile the comment results to determine a no or go for the review activity?

Or

Are you asking to complie thhe comments into a summary email after the review activity has been completed?

• SCSM_CreatorSCSM_Creator Member IT Monkey ✭

@Brian_Wiest I'm looking to compile comments into a summary email after the review activity has been completed.

Answer ✓

Basically what you will need to do is build an automation that pulls the RA for all the comments, concatenates the results into a formatted email. The automation being PowerShell or a RunBook.

I do this for just rejected RA's via a RunBook.