Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Improve CMDB and Platform Cache

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This seems to be a bit of an issue with the CMDB functionality based on the thread below. I would have thought the core of any CMDB should enable links with other system center components and I hope it gets support from the community. It's a bit of a show stopper for us using the CMDB and gaining traction with staff to use the portal rather than the Microsoft console.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4747/no-business-services-from-scom-in-cmdb-portal#latest

SCOM populates business services differently then when they are added via the console, and they are populated differently in a manor (abstract class) that is not compatible with Dynamic Data.

The business service page pulls objects in the "Microsoft.SystemCenter.BusinessService" class. Business services, unless created in the SCSM console itself, are not derived from this class but are on their own specific class that derives from "System.Service". We cannot outrightly use System.Service as it is an abstract class and platform cache does not currently support synching of abstract classes.

10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

SCVMM, SCOM, and SCSM all tell different parts of the same System Center Business Service story.

This is a must.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

If we could sync by abstract class inheritance, that would go a long way toward fixing this.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Making the related items and computers clickable within the CMBD would be useful. I can view my own tickets and assets but it would be good to click on them for more details. This might be useful for other staff wanting to look at details, particularly the Service Desk.

• Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I would advice against using SCOM Distributed Applications. For many reasons in SCOM, but it also sorta kills the database in SCSM with millions of new types of CI's. Usually some kind of sync between SCOM (or other source of truth where Business Services reside) is best practice.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Interesting. I wonder what other companies have in place to avoid using Distributed Applications?