Home Notify Analyst

Turn on Notify on Create results in a flood of emails.

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We found out years ago that if you enable a Notify Analyst "on create" workflow, a flood of emails for old WIs gets sent out. I month ago we upgraded our NA app which clears out all the workflow "Enabled". Yesterday we found that someone forgot to check the "On SR Create" notify Support Group. I'm afraid that when we enable it, another flood of notifications will be sent. Any way to stop the flood?

Thanks!

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Durning an outage window disable your E-Mail channel.

Enable the feature.

Allow the workflow to run find all the records and fire off the notifications

Since the channel is disabled they will all just record an event in the operation manager log that they failed due to no channel.

When workflow has caught up to present enable the channel again.

HTH

• Joakim_NormannJoakim_Normann Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited April 2020

@Brian_Wiest What is the easiest way to check if the workflow has caught up to present? I enabled notifications for MA activities without thinking first which flooded my user with emails and in many cases there were notifications for activities that had been completed some time ago. I enabled notifications for both assignment and when the activity goes from Pending to In-Progress. Next time I will disable the E-Mail channel first.