Home General Discussion
Options

Installing Service Manager 2012 on 2016 server

Isabella_MichelIsabella_Michel Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I am working on trying to get 2012 System Center Service Manager installed on a 2016 environment but I am getting a bunch of errors. The system center checks out, configure the service manager database checks out, but it still fails out. I have tried a few different things but see a bunch of registry errors stating "Unregistered" that seem to be causing this problem and I'm wondering if 2012 is something I can even install on 2016. Has anyone else come across this before?

Thank you for your help,

Answers

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Isabella_Michel

I have not seen this before but going through the log file I did see this error:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 25211. The arguments are: -2147024894, The system cannot find the file specified., 

CustomAction _RollBack_UninstallHealthServicePerfCountersForUpgrade.80B659D9_F758_4E7D_B4FA_E53FC737DCC9 returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking"

I did some googling around this and it seems reinstalling fixed it for most people, if this is a fresh install I would recommend trying a reinstall first or maybe even wiping it completely and starting again!

A couple of suggestions to check:

Does the account running the installer have the relevant permissions? (Here is a link to a good guide for the 2012 install of SCSM, I would run through this and verify https://kevinholman.com/2013/10/18/service-manager-2012-r2-quickstart-deployment-guide/)

Hopefully this is helpful!

Thanks,

Shane