Home General Discussion

How to change the width of an @AutoComplete field ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

Which file and which item (css or js) do I need to update/customize to change the width of an @AutoComplete field in the ROToolbox, so that it matches the width of the other controls on the form ? Below, the Manage N+1 field is @autoComplete and I want it to be as wide as the Department field which is a simple list

Stephane

Best Answer

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stephane_Bouillon

You will need to add an @Layout tag before the @autoComplete tag saying that you want the control on 1 row. col-md-12 is what is specifying the whole length of the column.

For Example:

@Layout {"template":"<div class='col-md-12 col-xs-12 tbxCtrl-1'></div>"}

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks,

Shane

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks Shane, I was more in search for a way to do it globally for all forms at once. The autocomplete fields used to be the same width as all other regular fields, but the customisation our partner did to achieve this at the time must have been overridden after a recent upgrade of the portal or of the ROToolbox.

I probably need to put the style class definition you suggested somewhere in a global css, but I don't know where. Any ideas ?

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

That's exactly it ! There are quite a few col-md-6 in the .js I only modified those preceded by "prepend" and I have the result I was looking for.

Thanks for your time and effort Shane

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect! You only needed to change the 2 highlighted in my screenshot!

Thanks,

Shane