Home General Discussion

ServiceManagement database snapshot

Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi, I am wondering how data snapshot was created and what process is running which updating that snapshot

If you check the database snapshot you will see a cps15xxx_system . When I checked it it appears to be copy of service management database and that and it gets updated as well. Can I deleted that. I never pay attention for that and no clue how it get created and what is that snapshot fo.r

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Veljko_Sero

The Portal does not take any snapshots, this would have been configured by your SQL Admins I would assume!

A snapshot can be deleted if you like, they are normally created manually before doing updates so you can restore back to the snapshot or you can do them on a schedule.

Snapshots are designed for disaster recovery, think of it like a picture or a static remembrance of what the database looked like at the point in time it was taken which can be reverted back to.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shane

• Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

I know what snapshot is, but none of our SQL admin did not do that. We use a different tool for backup. Also what I was told this snapshots getting sync with Service Management database and they cannot find any task for that.

Our system were built by one of the Cireson consult and I know that we were getting manual installer from Cireson before the official release to test some bugs. I am not sure if that contribute to this , but I am sure if he created this he would told us.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Veljko_Sero

Then it may have been part of the install process that it needed to snapshot the DB. Unfortunately I cannot say where this has come from, we have no processes in place that do this automatically as far as I am aware.

Either way you are safe to delete it if it is not needed 😁

Thanks,

Shane