Home Analyst Portal
Options

Issue with cireson portal

Suruchi_BharatiSuruchi_Bharati Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello. We have to add new users access to the analyst portal. After granting access i see that users still do not have the create CR button working for them. On checking database for the user this query (SELECT Analyst from CI$User WHERE Username = 'xyz')gives value 0 meaning even after adding the user to the AD group - the changes are not syncing. When I try to force the sync through the management server using this command in powershell -Restart-CiresonPortal –Sync Simple-All -validate I get this error. Please help - we are unable to add new users to the portal and this is a showstopper for us -

Truncating Data in ServiceManagement Database on ******...√

Restarting CacheBuilder Service on ****...Service 'Cireson Cache Builder (CacheBuilder)' cannot be stopped due to

the following error: Cannot stop CacheBuilder

service on computer '.'.

+ CategoryInfo     : CloseError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Restart-Service

], ServiceCommandException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStopService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RestartServiceCommand

+ PSComputerName    : *****

Answers

• Options
    Suruchi_BharatiSuruchi_Bharati Customer IT Monkey ✭

I see this error in the application log:-

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.InvalidSimpleObjectValueException: The specified value did not conform to the maximum length requirements. 

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Configuration.ManagementPackProperty.ValidateValue(Object value, EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementSimpleObject.set_Value(Object value)

at Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.ObjectProperties.SetObjectValue(EnterpriseManagementObject emo, ManagementPackClass mpc, String propertyName, JToken currentState, Boolean isIOStream, String baseId, Boolean isNew)

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what you are using to reset that cache builder.

Here is a script that help flush the cache and the Cireson database

Here is a reference where another is having a similar issue getting users into the analyst role.

The reset the LFX is a common take to run.