Home Analyst Portal

New incident (from template)

Robin_WaarsenburgRobin_Waarsenburg Customer IT Monkey ✭

Our Servicedesk uses a lot of templates for quick ticket registration. I have a few questions about that:

1. You can use ctrl + F1 or ctrl + F2 to open a new incident form, or new incident from template respectively from within the console. This feature is being used a lot. New incident from template from within the portal is a few clicks away. Could this be made into a task, button, or made accessible through a hotkey combination? The lack thereof is the primary reason that the servicedesk is still using the console rather than the portal.
  2. When looking for a template, you need to press enter or click the search icon. I’d like to see this changed to autocomplete, or filter as your type as is being done with for instance the affected user field.
  3. Loading the templates list takes a few seconds every time you click ‘From Template’. Could this be cached?
  4. The source field is empty upon opening a new ticket. Can this be set to Phone by default? 

Answers

• Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Hi @Robin_Waarsenburg ,

1. What I have seen some clients do is they create a "New Incident" in the Navigation Pane. This way you are only one click away vs going through clicks to get to where you need. Here is a link to our KB to give you an idea how to do that. https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/23?seletedTab=enduser#/#heading-5-article-enduser-content You would choose "NEW LINK" and paste the URL of the new incident, example: "yoursite/Incident/New/".
    2. This unfortunately not available out of the box. Can be done with some customization or you can place a feature request for this.
    3. This should not take few seconds to load
    4. Yes you can. Go into your console under Templates. Choose the Incident template that you are using and make that change. Must likely it is the "Default Incident Template"
  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Robin_Waarsenburg

Okay so here is some answers to your questions, hope they help:

1 - What Donson has suggested is a good way, but if you didn't want additional nav icons from shortcuts, I have come up with some custom code for this just paste in custom.js or script load it in, let me know what you think:

A little explanation for you, so the key code number you are seeing, 49, 50, 51, 52 etc, this is the key that is being pressed in combination with the Ctrl key. To find out what the number corresponds to on the keyboard if you wanted to change this, you can go to https://keycode.info/ and whatever key you press will tell you it's key code number. Currently it is set to Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 and Ctrl+4 respectively. Currently the links will open the default template of the work item configured in the portal.

If you wanted to add specific templates you just configure the link /Incident/New/a45b7ff9-6c55-1e0e-37a2-319239782178 where the guid is the Id of the template.

function KeyPress(e) {

var evtobj = window.event? event : e

if (evtobj.keyCode == 49 && evtobj.ctrlKey) window.open("/Incident/New/");

if (evtobj.keyCode == 50 && evtobj.ctrlKey) window.open("/ServiceRequest/New/");

if (evtobj.keyCode == 51 && evtobj.ctrlKey) window.open("/ChangeRequest/New/");

if (evtobj.keyCode == 52 && evtobj.ctrlKey) window.open("/Problem/New/");

}

document.onkeydown = KeyPress;

2 - I agree with Donson, this is not available out of the box but could be done through some customisation (or done through Cireson Consultancy Services) or raising a Feature Request

3 - This is a great question that I do not know the answer to, this would be a question for the Devs, maybe @james_kleinschnitz or @seth_coussens might be able to answer this.

4 - This can quite simply be done by adding the source field to the template.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Shane

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@Robin_Waarsenburg how many templates do you have in there that it is taking that long to load? Typically, this is nearly instant. Obviously, if you have a LOT of templates (>100?) you may have some lag time.

Caching things has it's own level of overhead, though the browser should take care of some of that for you. It's an API call after-all.

If you can't identify the issue then I'd suggest that you open a case with support so they can investigate further and raise a bug if one is found around the performance.