Home Lifecycle Management app

LMA Capability to copy Workitems from Service Manager 2019 back to 2012

We are in the midst of planning our upgrade migration strategy from Service Manager 2012 to 2019.

Based on the documentation I know that LMA will copy work items from 2012 to 2019, but I want to know should a back-out be required, can LMA copy work items back from 2019 to 2012? Including all updated and / or new work items.

The scenario would be, after some time in operation [a short time], an problem is detected which can not be fixed on the fly and we must back-out the upgrade and return to the 2012 environment, until such time the issue has been resolved and we can attempt the upgrade again.

Is this possible? Or is there another way to proceed?

Thanks, ...Richard

Best Answer

Answers

• NSERC_LicensingNSERC_Licensing Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Shane,

All backups would be done prior to any migration. We going to stand up a complete new environment and leave to old SM2012 environment running for a few days...just in case.

Only work items would copied back from 2019 to 2012. No configuration or any management packs would be brought back as both environments at that point in time would be the same.

We will test this in our Dev environment before moving forward to know if this possible, but i just wanted to check if anyone else had attempted this in the past.

Thanks, ...Richard

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay no worries, sounds good!

Hope it all goes well 😊

Shane