Home Analyst Portal

Change Status - Easy method to Require Description Field

Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

In our environment, we prefer to have both Incident Change Status fields to be Required when 'resolving' a ticket:

• Resolution Category (currently a required field)
  • Resolution Description (currently not a required field)

I know that I could require the Resolution Description field by editing the Controller.js (which is not recommended/supported), however is there a better way?

I have refrained from creating a new Change Status/Resolve Task because I have not had the time to invest going through the Controller.js and identifying all the key components that would be necessary to ensure Parent Tickets are handled appropriately/as they do with the current task.

Picture below for reference:

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are certainly welcome to create customisations outside of the CustomSpace folder if you are able to, however as you mention, customisations aren't supported (i.e. if something occurs or goes wrong, you may need to remove the customisations before getting support for the main issue you are having)

This goes for all customisations that are made to the product (except those that are made by Cireson for specific cases, these are supported for the current version that they were made for, but not supported for updates)
  • james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Creating a custom task is the way to go here.  It seems like you have found all the code you need.
  • CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Brad,

Can you confirm how you did this? I looked into the task changestatus and can see for IR required field is set to not true. I changed this but it didnt work?

Daniel

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Shane,

Thank you for sharing this.

It works well, there is only a small issue though.

The text for resolution description shows (required) initially however when you go out of change status and back in doesn't any more? This however doesn't affect the functionality of it and it works!

Thanks

Daniel

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @CaterhamITSupport

Thanks for the feedback! I have changed my approach on this now and tried something different which seems to work better, I have edited the code above so give that a try and let me know.

I removed the code the change the text of the element through javascript and instead, did a CSS fix to hide the original and display new content!

Let me know how that works!

Shane 😁

This works really well and really appreciate the help!

Kind Regards

Daniel