Home Analyst Portal
Options

Adding extra date fields to Manual Activity form

Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone guide me on how I extend the Manual Activity form on the portal to hold 2 extra date pickers?

We have extended the activity form in SCSM but there is not a ManualActivity.js file to edit lige ChangeRequest or Incident.

I have looked at theese ones but I need some more help :)

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mikkel_Madsen - There's not a template for MAs by default. If you use my solution above, you can get to the Dynamic Data form for the MA from the parent. To create a template for a Dynamic Data form, you need to create it in the ConfigItem folder in CustomSpace using the full class name. In this case it would be System.WorkItem.Activity.ManualActivity.js. If you look at @Nick_Flint 's second post on that same thread, he provides some activity templates for the common classes. Manual Activity is among them. Once you have the template, you can add whatever field you like.

• Options

@Justin_Workman I have already tried that without any luck.

I have done the following.

Copied Nick's System.WorkItem.Activity.ManualActivity.js into configitem folder in customspace and removed the description part to see if it works - but it still appears at the manual activity in the changerequest.

It's the same if I put it directly in customspace

Portal version 9.4.6

• Options

When you open a change request in the portal and goes to the activity tab you get all the activities. If I choose an manual activity there - is it then still the System.WorkItem.Activity.ManualActivity.js I have to modify?

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mikkel_Madsen - That space on the parent can't be (easily) customized. Or at least not with editing the form templates The custom form that I'm talking about is shown when going to /DynamicData/Edit/<guid of MA>. Sorry for the confusion.

• Options

@Justin_Workman do you have any hints where to find the file to modify for the change request with activities in?